 General / 20069
Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:57:35 GMT

Actually, I think you have it backwards. The front of the Hog's canopy is sloped
steeply from the nose to the top, and the back of the
canopy slopes gently from the top of the canopy to the fuselage.

Chris

LegoMasterLuke wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kyle Keppler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Michael Nelson writes:
I'd build an A-10 out of light grey and use dark grey and black for the
details.  For a canopy I figure there is no perfect way to do one so I'd us
the naboo fighter canopy and then make the back part of it slope into the
fuselage, kinda like they did on the A-wing.
Michael

Or you could take two of those canopies and put one facing forward and another
backwards creating a bubble canopie.

That would work, and it has been done, but not for an A-10 Warthog. The model
it was done on is Thad Jantzi's F-16 Fighting Falcon. (It would also work on
most other aircraft in the USAF inventory - The F-15, the F-14, the F-5's
front piece..)

I think the best way to do an A-10's canopy would be:

A) For the front part of the canopy, use the canopy that came with most Star
Wars sets, such as the X-Wing
B) For the backpart, hmmm. It would have be square. The friction-hinge pieces
that are on the back of the X-wing's canopy would probably mess everything up.

Think think think!

Drew "Luke" Lawrence
http://www.netpluscom.com/~drew/lego/