 General / 19843
Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:33:55 GMT

In lugnet.build, Drew Lawrence writes:
In lugnet.build, Marc Cook writes:

I live near Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona.  They fly A-10
Warthogs and their primary mission is to train new pilots.  The paint scheme
is a uniform light gray (called Ghost Gray I think) with low-vis markings. • I
bet light gray bricks would be a close match.  The three tone dark green
camouflage used in Europe would be very difficult (impossible?) to reproduce
in Lego.

They fly in formations of two aircraft at all times during landings and • take-
offs.  Maybe you should build two A-10's :-)

- Bob

I would but parts will probably be the limiting factor.  The color
problem does not bother me.  The idea here is to build a model
that represents the a-10's shape as best as possible.  Keeping
the model all one color is ideal.  The green could be done but
you would need to do the unthinkable... use Megablock parts
that come in the deep forest green.

I just can't bring myself to such a crime...

- Marc

Clones! ACK! There are only a FEW clone pieces which I'll use - M-16 Assault
Rifles. (Lego sized.) They are extremely hard to come by, though... I'll have
to go to a Toys-R-Us and see if I can find some. (They'd ROCK for a SEAL • team.)

Jeff Christner (I think that is his name) has a few.

BTW, I'm going to start working on my F-4 Phantom II. (Navy white'll be pretty
easy to do.)

Drew "Luke" Lawrence

As a purist my SEAL Team uses 100% geniune lego parts....but they suck!
http://www.netpresonic.com/lego/seals/weapons.html

I'd love to see your F-4 Phantom when it's done.
Do you have any links to a real one handy?

- Marc