 General / 17914
Re: Damaged MINT Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 01:04:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
Scott-A wrote:
I have found this very annoying of late.  The grease can be quite
noticable and is hard to remove, and a few small tires can
"contaminate" a large polybag full of parts.

Hmm. I have never noticed this - is it obvious? Perhaps it only effects
US/North American production?

No, not a local problem of US. Town tyres especially, are always somehow
oily.

I've found it most noticeable on the FreeStyle tires -- especially the bigger
ones, but also a big problem with even the small Town tires.  For at least the
last 2 years we've had to seal every lot of tires we sell separately into a
separate bag to seal the oil, and wash our hands immediately after handling
them so the oil doesn't get onto the other parts.  It's too bad LEGO ships the
tires in bags with other parts.

BTW, I've only noticed the tire oil on non-Technic tires.  The huge ones don't
seem ever to have this oil.  Weird.

--Todd

I've only ever noticed it on the Adventurer's tires. I was very surprised
when I opened up my first Adventurer's set. I couldnt' figure out what was
all over my fingers.

-Jonathan