 General / 17771
Re: Damaged MINT Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:06:23 GMT

Kevin,

Yet another type of 'damage' is greasy rubber stains.  Of course that probably
only bothers me because of my no-grease-on-bricks OCD.

I'm glad you posted this--I thought I was the only one who wibbled at overly
greasy bricks (or got them on a regular basis).  I don't know what it was, but I
got many Adventurers sets like this--a really bizarre thing.  It may be more
noticeable because so many large bricks are in that set--the 1x6x5 dkgrey panels
were palpably gunky.  However, in the same batch of purchases, I had a brand-new
1x3 orange brick that had little "wisps" of black in it, truly the weirdest thing
I have ever encountered.  I thought it was just scratching or grease at first, but
on further examination it was an imperceptible wisp of black in the plastic.

Uhoh, on recollection I may have traded that brick away.

Why do the tires need to be dripping with grease anyway?  They diddn't
used to and those old tires still work just fine.

It may be in order to pop them out of the mould a little faster--weren't a lot of
these sorts of fixes-for-speed detected as TLC ramped up with SW production?

best

Lindsay