 General / 17769
Re: Damaged MINT Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:52:34 GMT

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 14:30:29 GMT, "Scott-A"
<scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

I made myself a cup tea of tea at lunch time and set aside an hour to open
and build my 6557 "Treasure Hunters". I broke the seals and opened the box.
Immediately, I noticed that one of the inverted brown arches was damaged
(the 1*1 brown plate size end was bent up to ~45 degrees). Obviously this
must have been some sort of manufacturing fault.

Has anyone else ever had damaged Lego in sets?

Scott A

The 6557
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=6557-1&f=1&r=1

     My 8448 Supercar had a gray pin that had one end mashed flat,
then not 1 month later I got a 4561 train that had a green 1x4 tile
with what appears to be a piece of metal, fingernail shaped melted
into the top of it.  Consumer Affairs replaced the parts no problem
(Although instead of the green tile they sent a green brick and I had
to call again :)    Also, in my 8448 I found a chunk of black plastic
that looked like it would be a part of a technic lift arm or triangle.
All the ones in my set were fine, so someone else must have got the
broken part.

Thomas