 General / 17751
Re: Damaged MINT Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:57:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison writes:
Aye, there's a couple times I've opened a set and found faulty or missing
parts.  One time, a factory fault was my gain.  I bought a Snowspeeder, and
somehow during manufacturing, two 1x3 orange slopes got stuck together.  Not
glue; melted plastic.  So, there was one extra slope.  This was easily
remedied with an Xacto knife to seperate the pieces.

That's interesting! I was under the impression that TLC uses box weight
to "eliminate" factory errors; thus sometimes (rarely, but still) people would
get a wrong-colored piece, but not very often a different piece altogether. I
wonder how an extra slope snuck past the box weight test?

-Shiri