 General / 17686
Re: Scans of 1960's ads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:36:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes writes:

I just finished scanning all of my 1960's Lego ads (well all 5
of them!) and thought that they came out good enough to post.
Temporarily they are secretly embedded in my Technic site at:

http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/history/history_60.html

My favorite ad is the one from 1962.  The first line in the text is the best...
it embodies the spirit of Lego building concisely:  "Lego is imagination.
Expression.  Experiment.  Creating."  The next to last line makes me weep about
inflation: "Enough Lego to build a town in the big $25.00 set."

--Mike