 General / 17622
Re: Scans of 1960's ads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 02:50:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes writes:
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/history/history_60.html

Wow, great stuff!

I find the text on the elephant page historically interesting, BTW!  :)

   http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/history/1960/1968_2.html

They actually say:

   "Give your child enough Lego® and his imagination may get carried away."

and:

   "It would take about three thousand boxes of Lego to build a giant
   elephant like this..."

I wonder what year they decided that "Lego" was no longer the toy but the
brand?

I always think of those Susan Williams statements on the backs of the catalogs
when I was a kid -- they said we should call the toy "LEGO bricks" or "LEGO
building bricks," etc.  :)

--Todd