 General / 16363
Re: News article about Imagination Centers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:38:15 GMT

Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message
Mark Herzberg wrote:
In lugnet.general, Rob Doucette writes:
I would add Boston to the mix because of the demographics and the MIT • tie
in.
Yes, Boston would make very much sense.

Ya know...I kinda want that (especially after heading about the old sets
the LICs sometimes get) but I kinda don't, because we've already got the
Construction Site, which is practically an LIC anyway, and I wouldn't want
them to have their business threatened, or even for them to lose the • 'special'
status they have with LEGO (they get many sets that are "Not Available in
Stores"), either of which might happen if an LIC opened up in Boston...

CS is a great place but Waltham isn't exactly a tourist hotspot.  An LIC in
Fanuel Hall or next to the Museum of Science would be directly on the beaten
path.  I think the faithful local residents would continue to patronize CS.
I think Mark pointed out the need for the tourism tie-in, which I missed at
first.

-Rob.
(formerly from the South Shore)