 General / 16328
Re: News article about Imagination Centers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:37:00 GMT

John,

John Gerlach wrote:

One question:  Where is LEGO going to get good people to work at all these
stores?  The job market is tight, LEGO is too cheap to pay people competitive
wages, there aren't enough adult LEGO fanatics willing to work a second job -
they'll end up with a bunch of kids with no loyalty to the company, who will
jump to a different job if they can get an extra 25 cents/hour.

I've seen it happen at LIC Mall of America - they're hiring people who have
never even built a LEGO set.  What good is that?  Are these people qualified
to represent "The Brick" to thousands of visitors a year?

Question to all of LUGNET:  Would you want to shop at a store where you knew a
LOT more about their products than the employees?  Would you want them trying
to answer your questions?

I shop at stores all the time that the employees know little to nothing
about the product. Most companies have too in order to have anyone
working there.  I for one would drop my second job in a minute to work
in a LEGO store. I enjoy the money, but if I could combine that with my
passion for the brick, I would. However, I don't think there was any
talk for one around Michigan, unless Gary Istok opens his!!! ;)

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html