 General / 16331
Re: News article about Imagination Centers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:54:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Powell writes:

I'd add that Edmonton, AB is more likely than Toronto...because of the West
Edmonton Mall, not for any other great reason.  Toronto doesn't have a
'festive' mall (except perhaps Square 1 in Missisagua), so that is why I
would say Edmonton first.

Answering myself (and some of the other posts).  Another couple of reasons why
not Toronto...because Countryside Lego Outlet is only about 2 hrs away, and
again, I don't really count the Eatons Center as being all that much of a
touristy mall...I know, it is more like a tourist trap than a typical mall,
but it is still a mall for torontonians, whereas WEM is as much as anything an
attraction, like MOA is.

Yah.  The place (WEM) is a pit, IMHO, but it qualifies as a tourist
attraction, and does pull in tourist $$.  If Canada gets 1 LIC, I'd say about
even odds for Toronto or Edmonton; if we get two, it'll be Toronto and
Vancouver; if three, then all of the above.

Personally, I'd kinda like to see one in WEM...but I'm biased. :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.