 General / 16332
Re: News article about Imagination Centers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:55:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Doucette writes:

Miami, Florida
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Maybe one more in FL?

I wouldn't mind, but three is enough if you ask me. However, Florida (as well
as California and a few other states) seems to break the rules a lot when it
comes to stores. In Florida, FAO is not a specialty shop, but a chain with two
stores within 15 minutes of each other (Bal Harbour/Aventura), and the
downtown Miami location, which is a mall flagship, less than 1/2 hour away
from those two. And they also have stores in Palm Beach, Tampa, and a huge one
in Orlando.

Dallas, Texas
Houston, Texas
San Antonio, Texas

Why not Austin?

That is not what I see as LEGO's market. They want cities in huge metro areas
(I know Austin is a big city, but not as big as the others) that attract a
huge number of tourist and have a huge number of malls. Since they are only
planning 12-15 stores, Austin does not make sense. However, once they finish
those stores and go ahead with more, then Austin would be a logical location,
as would be cities like Detroit and Sacramento.

Atlanta, Georgia
Las Vegas, Nevada
Seattle, Washington
Denver, Colorado
Chicago, Illinois
New Orleans, Louisiana
Toronto, Ontario, Canada (assuming they are planning store in Canada, • which I
would guess so)

I would add Boston to the mix because of the demographics and the MIT tie
in.

Yes, Boston would make very much sense.
-Rob.