 General / 12478
Re: CLSOTW voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:35:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fred Carcanague writes:
Out of curiosity... What are the standards to be nominated for CLSOTW?

Anyone can nominate any site for any reason, even their own site.  Where it
ends up in the queue is somewhat subjective, based on a number of factors,
and also somewhat objective, based on the quantity or frequency of
nominations.  When a newly announced site is nominated instantly by 5
different people, for example, that's a major queue boost and it probably
appears on the voting list right away.  If a site has an "under construction"
notice that appears to indicate that it's still actively under construction
(as opposed to finished but still being enhanced), then that pretty much
puts it on hold too, out of respect for the person still working on it.

My site has been online since just after tax time 99' w/decient traffic.
Both on the original Geocities site and the more currently updated webjump
site.  Close to 2700 visitors in 9 months means my site must be somewhat
cool.  Like I said... I was just curious and wondering if MY site had been
nominated.

I just looked, and I don't think it has.

Fred aka Legocorky

http://legocork.webjump.com/
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Mine/5821/ (for the old Geocities site)

One other thing which automatically prevents a site from going on the voting
list is if it has "lego" in its domain name (especially in a second-level
domain, but also in a higher-order domain name or a server name).  This is
out of respect for the LEGO Company's stated wishes, which is separate to
some extent from the legalities, depending on the use of the mark.

--Todd