 General / 12447
Re: CLSOTW voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 00:46:41 GMT

"D. Jezek" <danjezek@REMOVEaloha.net> writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
The voting facility is a suggestion facility.  9 times out of 10,
what gets the most votes is what gets used as that week's pick.
Sometimes there are exceptions, like when Bram's LDraw & LEdit
tutorial went up as the weekly pick last year (#100) right out
of the chute.

I don't understand a word of that you just described above.

I think what Todd is trying to say is that if a site is especially
noteworthy, he'll pick it over the other sites in the list.  For the
Halloween and Star Wars contests, it made sense to pick those sites for
the respective weeks because the contests had just ended.  Picking them
as CLSOTW brings people's attentions to the results of the contests right
away.  When Todd picked my tutorial last year, I think he was just trying
to flatter me by giving me #100 :) (Actually, I think Todd asked first on
RTL if anyone minded, and there were no complaints.)
Remember, it's Todd's site, so he has the last word.  I bet there are
many sites that are recommended that never appear in the voting list...
--Bram