 General / 12437
Re: CLSOTW voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Jezek writes:
First of all I don't want to take anything away from this week's Cool Lego
Site of the Week winner.
Second of all I don't care if my site gets selected as a future winner.
What strikes me odd is why did the unofficial Star Wars design contest win
this week when it wasn't even one of the nominees?  Throughout the week • there
were only 3 sites to vote on to be selected and today's winner wasn't one of
them.  I think an explanation from the great one would be nice.
Again I don't want to take anything away from the winner and want to
congratulate Pat for a job well done.

The voting facility is a suggestion facility.  9 times out of 10, what
gets the most votes is what gets used as that week's pick.  Sometimes there
are exceptions, like when Bram's LDraw & LEdit tutorial went up as the weekly
pick last year (#100) right out of the chute.

--Todd

I don't understand a word of that you just described above.
For example there are sites A, B, C and D that people can vote on with radio
buttons next to them.  By the end of the week, Joe builds this very cool
castle and 20 people nominate him through the "nominate a site" link.  He then
should still wait till one of the A, B, C or D sites gets selected and end up
as one of the radio buttons so people can vote for him if they want next
week.
The way you have it set up, Joe will win over site A, B, C or D even though he
wasn't one of the radio buttons.
I think that people who are nominated through the "nominate a site" link even
if they have a majority of votes over the others who are already up there
should still end up as one of the radio buttons before getting selected.  That
way the only sites that could win would be those with the radio buttons next
to them.