 General / 11939
Re: What the F.......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
I won't post the headers to the original message because it contains
a private email address.

Well, I will.  I want to have this on record in case the message on Usenet
gets cancelled somehow.  This is serious.  Here are the headers:

------begin------
   From: Brad Justus <legodirect@lego.com>
   Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
   Subject: Thanks for your input
   Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:06:01 -0500

The original message from Brad was posted from "interport.net" an RCN
company.  RCN is a dialup isp that covers the northeast US, and would be
a reasonable source for the original message, assuming that Brad was in
New York.

I think RCN recently bought Javanet.com, so I think they even cover here in
Massachusetts too.

Media One is a cable operator and serves many cable modem customers
in New England (mainly NH and Maine I believe).  I would be much more
suspect of the second (alleging hoax) message.

Media One is also in Boston -- they have it at the local libraries.

--Todd