 Dear LEGO / 717
Re: Lugnet's security (Was: Re: What the F.......)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:54:27 GMT

Thanks.

I knew what I was doing when posting the message and just thought you should
know it can be done (which you probably do).
While I did it under good intentions, some else could do it under bad
intentions and if it can be done, someone will do it sooner or later.  It
still would be a good idea not to be able to do it by having a password to
post.
You can remove my posting priviledges if you wish.

Dan:

Just so you know, what you just did is grounds for removal.  Please do not
ever do it again, even to make a point.  Obviously you meant well but this
is an extremely important rule not to violate.

To repeat from the discussion group T&C,

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/

"[...]
  It is a condition of your use of the discussion groups that you do not:
  [...]
     2.  Falsely present yourself as a representative, employee, or
         official of a LEGO company or of LUGNET through the accidental or
         deliberate use of trademarks or servicemarks in your identity or
         through misleading or confusing statements in your postings.

     3.  Post anonymously or post any message in which the 'From:' header
         is not an e-mail address under your control.  (Spamblocks are OK,
         however, so long as it is possible for a reasonably intelligent
         human to reconstruct your e-mail address using clearly documented
         instructions, which you must include in each such message.)
  [...]"

Dan, I cancelled your post as you requested.

And incidentally, my logs show that the message you forged was posted from
the host hnl01-036.gst.aloha.net and that the host used when the name Dan
Jezek signed up was hnl05-209.gst.aloha.net.

--Todd