 Dear LEGO / 710
Re: What the F.......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:05:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Let me stop this right now.

Whoever posted claiming that LEGO Direct is a scam was not me; and the
sentiment expressed in the post could not be more wrong. LEGO Direct is a very
real undertaking of The LEGO Company and we are very committed to it -- it is
everything I said it was in my initial posting of Thursday, and more.

I won't speculate on the reasons someone may have to try to undercut this
effort and sow dissension within the community -- but I'd suggest that
spending any time on such speculation isn't worth even the briefest moment of
our time as a group.

I am posting this response only to LUGNET, and ask Todd Lehman to verify, by
whatever means he has available, that I am me and my posting was legitimate
(note, please, that the false post was not made to LUGNET where such
verification can be made).

At this point, we can only ask for the support of the LEGO community; if
you've got suggestions as to how we can prevent this sort of thing from
happening in the future, we'd welcome them.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com

In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Salm writes:
WE HAVE ALL BEEN SHAFTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

How gullible are we all--I guess very much so.  After all, the email address
looked official enough.  And we all want our greatest wishes to come true.
But I think we all got burned!!!!

I personally did not post a response to the introduction on RTL or Lugnet
because my level of cynicism and skepticism held me back.  Perhaps these
were good instincts.

Lego has never cared about us before, why should they now--regardless of how
strong a brand they want to have in the next few years.  TLC has never had
an accessible email address--now all of a sudden they open themselves up to
accept email rants by the thousands!!  Highly unlikely.
The introduction told us that Lego Direct is not quite ready to handle our
deluge of requests.  This sounded fishy--any corporate move that occurs
without being totally prepared can bring unexpected problems and disaster.
I don't think that TLC would operate this way.

To the individual(s) that cooked up this hoax:

MAY YOU BURN IN HE__ !!!!!!!!

D. Jezek wrote in message ...
Has anybody read this yet?  It was posted on RLT and I'm just quoting it:

Subject: Thanks for your input

Brad Justus wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has written me. Too bad this is all a SCAM, there
never will be any Lego Direct. How would resellers of Lego be able to
make any money if all people bought were individual pieces? Hope no one
got too excited from my previous post.

Happy Holidays. And Play Well.

- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com

"The text beginning with ">" is not mine but somebody else's."