 Dear LEGO / 718
Re: What the F.......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:56:55 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus writes:
Let me stop this right now.

I won't speculate on the reasons someone may have to try to undercut this
effort and sow dissension within the community -- but I'd suggest that
spending any time on such speculation isn't worth even the briefest moment of
our time as a group.

Hear Hear.

I am posting this response only to LUGNET, and ask Todd Lehman to verify, by
whatever means he has available, that I am me and my posting was legitimate
(note, please, that the false post was not made to LUGNET where such
verification can be made).

At this point, we can only ask for the support of the LEGO community; if
you've got suggestions as to how we can prevent this sort of thing from
happening in the future, we'd welcome them.

The only defence we've got may be just that - some measure of traceability of
messages that are posted. As for a)why someone would do this, and b)how it can
be prevented, I don't think there are real answers to those questions other
than letting it quietly pass by. If there's no effect there's no fun for those
doing it.
Like water off a duck's back.

I'd also like to echo Jeff Thompson's reply to your post,

Welcome to the dark side of the internet, and
Please don't let this get you down or spoil your opinion of our community.

Within each community there will always be the stellar individuals, but also
the lone wart.

On a brighter note, I haven't yet added my voice to the hundreds replying to
your original post. So I shall;
Welcome to Lugnet. May our relationship bring much joy and creativity to us
all!

K.M.

-- Brad

Brad Justus