 Dear LEGO / 712
Re: What the F.......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus writes:
Let me stop this right now.

Whoever posted claiming that LEGO Direct is a scam was not me; and the
sentiment expressed in the post could not be more wrong. LEGO Direct is a very
real undertaking of The LEGO Company and we are very committed to it -- it is
everything I said it was in my initial posting of Thursday, and more.

Welcome to the dark side of the internet, Brad.

Please don't let this get you down or spoil you on our community.

At this point, we can only ask for the support of the LEGO community; if
you've got suggestions as to how we can prevent this sort of thing from
happening in the future, we'd welcome them.

Mediaone.net's abuse department should be contacted about the
impersonation, with extremely vehement complaints, at the very least.

This shouldn't be too much of a reoccuring problem, Brad.  The
message headers on your messages on r.t.l are different than that
of the imposter(s).  While headers can be faked more completely than
this loser did, it's unlikely that someone who knows how to do that
will bother to try to mess with our heads.

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"