 General / 1073
Re: Met a LEGO rep...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 05:22:43 GMT

Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> writes:

"BOB!! Williams" wrote:

<snip>
Hey, maybe Todd & Suzanne work for
TLG.
<snip>

Actually, I've thought about this at length.  I guess there's a part of
me that is paranoid and very skeptical.  It would be a great coup if,
after having gotten a lot of people signed on to LUGNET, Todd (and his
employer TLG), claimed ownership of all our discussions and the ideas
discussed here and used them in marketing and product development
efforts.  After all, LUGNET could secretly stand for Lego Usurps Group,
Now Employs Todd. :)

There was a time back in the fall of '96 when we contemplated approaching
TLG about the project, but we decided that the only way we could be certain
about anything ever coming to fruition intact was to do it independently.

We also worried that if TLG liked the idea and hired us to take it on, then
due to job pressures, non-disclosures, or other unforseen issues, we would
inevitably end up detached from the online scene, which would make life
miserable for us.

So TLG has no ownership or interest in LUGNET and does not sponsor,
authorize, or endorse the site/project.  We do know that they are aware of
its existence[1] and we haven't heard any objections.

--Todd

[1] - We proactively brought it to the attention of two TLG corporate
counsels in early 1998.  We assume at least some other key employees there
are also aware.  It's difficult to define what "they" means as a whole but
it's safe to say that "they" are aware, whoever "they" are.  :)