 General / 1067
Re: Met a LEGO rep...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 02:01:14 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

suggestions and criticisms. Even if such people do read this
newsgroup, rtl, and/or other ng's, it really is in their best interest
to only lurk and not participate in discussions, and to spend more
time in the participation of improving the product we all love. When I
used to work for a highly competetive radio station, they would pay
money for research and focus groups to know how
the on-air product should be improved without ever disclosing to the
participants who was getting the benefit of the results, other than
XYZ Research Company. One of my favorite things to do back then was to
watch people listen to the radio when they didn't know they were
watched, because then I got to see real listening habits in motion.

Of course, it's entirely possible that someone on LUGNET and/or R.T.L
actually DOES work for TLG and isn't just lurking, but is starting
discussions, participating in them, and reporting back to marketing and
product development, and just isn't telling the rest of us who they work
for.  Can you imagine how useful some of the discussions we've had would
be to TLG?  All the favorite piece, favorite set, favorite genre stuff,
would be incredibly useful for them to figure out what to make more of,
which pieces to only include in the big expensive sets (all our
favorites, of course), etc.  And how about asking a question like, "Hey,
wouldn't Star Wars LEGO be a cool thing?" (or some other genre).  Maybe
we're just one big focus group.  Hey, maybe Todd & Suzanne work for
TLG.

Regards,

BOB!! Williams
http://www.pinn.net/~ender
    How many destinations? Oh God he's seen them all.
    He collects his precious pittance in every port of call.
                      "Remittance Man" - J. Buffett