 General / 1043
Re: Met a LEGO rep...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:43:12 GMT

Robert M. Dye wrote in message <365B7A93.453C@writeme.com>...
I was in Joplin, MO this AM, and stopeed in the TRU, where I met the
(one of the, anyway) LEGO rep. I asked when the new sets were due, and
she said, "Not until next year, sometime in January."

So, in other words, she has no idea what she's talking about, since even in
tiny Grafton they were always in just after Christmas...

She DID say that she was only on temp, until Christmas, so you may want
to take this with a grain of salt. I know the new sets have usually
started appearing by this time, but I suspect this may be the closest to
anything "official" we have gotten, and even this is not really much.

Well, at least she's honest.  And a big grain.

P.S.  Just as a test to the  extent of her knowlegde, I asked when the
Star Wars sets would be out. Response: "The what?" 8(

Bad sign.  Or good sign, since it's proof she doesn't know anything and the
January date is her trying to sound like she knows something.  Just how do
you figure out how to become a Lego temp without knowing anything about the
most exciting Lego product ever?

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?