 General / 1047
Re: Met a LEGO rep...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:16:58 GMT

This raises an interesting question.  We have people from all over the world on
this newsgroup and not one works for Lego?  I know I'm on the net all the time
to see whats going on in my field.  Isn't it hard to believe that not one
employee with info. reads this newsgroup?  And if so, why is it so hush hush?
These are toys for crying out loud, not cold war secrets!  We're consumers with
money... cut us a break here!

Man I'm getting edgy... every year around this time.

Your pal,

Felix

Robert M. Dye writes:
I was in Joplin, MO this AM, and stopeed in the TRU, where I met the
(one of the, anyway) LEGO rep. I asked when the new sets were due, and
she said, "Not until next year, sometime in January."

She DID say that she was only on temp, until Christmas, so you may want
to take this with a grain of salt. I know the new sets have usually
started appearing by this time, but I suspect this may be the closest to
anything "official" we have gotten, and even this is not really much.

Rob

P.S.  Just as a test to the  extent of her knowlegde, I asked when the
Star Wars sets would be out. Response: "The what?" 8(