 General / *1645 (-20)
  Instructions/catalogs 1968-1973

I just located my old childhood legos in my parent's attic. Still included were the following instructions and catalogs. Most of my sets were Dutch origin. 119/156 - 4.5V Train Signal 131 - Train Coach 150/151/154/155 - Idea book for 4.5V track (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

(...) A good idea, but it seems somewhat too merit badge-ish. I can see certain people doing things they otherwise never would have done, and will never do again, just to check off one more item on your list. Do you really want to encourage people (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Fallin in love with older sets

Recently, thanks to Gunther L and Paul Wolters (sorry if I misspelled your names guys), I was able to put two sets together from scratch: 1) The Black Seas Barracuda 2) The Blacktron Message Intercept Base Now, as a huge castle fan, and having been (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

Of bricks that I can be certain of.... 1 kilobrick of white 2x2 columns (1024) 1500 white 2x4's 1000 various 2x4 other colours (both increasing all the time) 4000 1x2 1 bucket full of 1x1's (2000??) Matthew Verdier wrote in message ... (...) total (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 5956 airship + other 1999 stuff in the UK

Stickers are a big foul in my Lego collection. I give them to my 5yr old for his Legos. Using them kinda ruins pieces for further ideas b/c they may not match the theme you are trying to create. I don't know... This is just my feelings on stickers. (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Strange set spotted at Target

(...) There was a "special" Target packaged set this year. It was in the traditional blue "Target Packaging". The same packaging that they use for the other brand name toys that Target puts out (hot wheels, fisher-price, etc.) The Target by me had a (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

(...) Umm - Is it just me or do relatively few of those catagories actually involve building? It's fairly obvious that anyone who makes 3/4 of that list is going to be a certified maniac, but it seems to me, at least, as though there should be a (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

I remember back in the old days (the 70's) my brother and I sorted all of our pieces (~3000), all from regular sets. The winner was 1x2 red bricks. Now my piece count is heavially biased by brick buckets so I'm sure the contents of those buckets (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Strange set spotted at Target

I was in yet another Target tonight, looking in vain for a marked-down Arachnoid Base, when I saw a 300-pc set called 'Cars and Planes Set' ... it was really odd. It had the customary Lego System logo, but there was no set number and no 'official' (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  That Target sale...

For those of you who may get lucky (as I did)... I was in Target here in Tulsa today, and found a few bargains. One that was interesting: The Rocky Ridge playscape promo sets. These were not marked as clearance, and if you scanned them on the floor, (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Wal-Mart Clearance is underway!

Hi to all. I was in WalMart in Pryor, OK, this evening. No markdowns visivble...sigh. But after having hit two Target stores this afternoon, I was not to be dissuaded so easily, so... I walked a couple sets to the scanner...and guess what...? 8) (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

I like this idea a lot, also it may be a good idea to vote for people who should be a MM. I think it is a great idea, but what is LMDC? (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If you sort by color. . .when did you start?

(...) No. I meant by color after you have too many of a particular piece. I too sort by piece category (LDRAW, Auczilla, etc.). I'm down to sorting all 1xn plates and bricks by color, 2xn plates and bricks as well. Barry (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

(...) Yep, you're right. The headlights for 8422 are printed. That reminds me...I think the headlights for 8816 are also screened (this may be the element that you're thinking of). (...) Nope, those are stickers. Andy (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

(...) If you mean an element with printing on it, there have been several. White 2x2 round with a black grid on it is used for headlights in several sets, although a specific reference is escaping me, I KNOW I've parted at least two different sets (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

(copy to be posted to rec.toys.lego as well) In my recent post to raise interest and cross pollinate between Rec.Models.Railroad, I called James Mathis a master builder, because I think some of his stuff is really really good. I bet most of us could (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Two new Technic sets - Mini review

Over the last few days I was able to find two new 1999 Technic sets. I found 8252 (Beach Buster) at my local Target and I picked up 8246 (Hydro Racer) at the LIC here in Orlando (WDW). The 8252 set is the blue and white police buggy that can be (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

(...) !!! Matt is just getting started, apparently. One big set can bring you 700, 1000, 1300, or even 1700 (in the case of 5571) pieces. Interesting question though. I know for sure I have at least 4000 1x2 bricks because I remember buying that (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

It says SEptember of 99 alright and it also confirms that they are HYDRAULIC. LEGO RULES Dave Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

Matt Marshall wrote in message ... (...) On a volume and numerical basis, the most of one brick I have is gray 2x4s. I probably have 2100 Gray 2x4s. My goal is 10000 of them. Matthew Verdier "You can't just say you're King because some watery tart (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact