 General / 1638
Re: Most common brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 07:42:08 GMT

I remember back in the old days (the 70's)  my brother and I
sorted all of our pieces (~3000), all from regular sets.   The
winner was 1x2 red bricks.

Now my piece count is heavially biased by brick buckets so I'm
sure the contents of those buckets would determine the winner.

I do seem to have an awful lot of friction pegs and toothed half
collars though :)

KL

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Matt Marshall wrote:

What is the most common brick people have in their collections? My
collection probably has at least a hundred 1x2 bricks, over 10% of my total
collection.

!!! Matt is just getting started, apparently. One big set can bring you
700, 1000, 1300, or even 1700 (in the case of 5571) pieces.

Interesting question though. I know for sure I have at least 4000 1x2
bricks because I remember buying that many in bulk in one auction. But I
don't think it's the most common, although I bet it's in the top five
ever produced, easily.

My theory is the most common part is blue minifig legs because they're
used in Timmy, and every time I turn around I find another Timmy. :-)

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.