 General / 1643
1642  |  1644
Subject:
Fallin in love with older sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 18:55:50 GMT

Recently, thanks to Gunther L and Paul Wolters (sorry if I misspelled your
names
guys), I was able to put two sets together from scratch:

1)  The Black Seas Barracuda
2)  The Blacktron Message Intercept Base

Now, as a huge castle fan, and having been around castle my whole life, I
wasn't
really sure why everyone raved about these two sets.  Fibblesnork lists the MIB
as one of the few Perfect sets (composite ranking wise).  When I started
putting
them together I realized why.

For one, the amout of pieces and attention to detail on both sets is amazing.
The amount of time spent on each set building wise was substential, but very
worth it.  The figures weren't simple, but in a way they were.  They had that
nice balance of not being unique, yet being better than a classic smiley.

I suppose that I didn't think I could fall in love with a set, but the BSB has
done that to me.  It is simply a work of art. The newer sets have are pretty
nice, but when putting them together, it's almost mechanical for me.  As much
as
I love the Ninja sets, they just didn't have that strange effect on me as the
two mentioned above.

I'm getting the Mission Commander in the mail, and hopefully it will have the
same effect on me.

Thanks for listening to me ramble, and hopefully each of you has fallen in love
with a set or two:)  (and if you haven't yet, don't worry - there are plenty of
sets in the sea, and I'm sure the right out is out there just waiting;)

Pawel