 Gaming / 1422
1421  |  1423
Subject:
The future of GLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:45:14 GMT

The newsgroup's been quiet lately, so I got to thinking.  Beyond the GenCon
lineup, what are the plans for GLUG?  Looks like there's a lot of interest,
but everything's still pretty nebulous -  how is the group organized?  What
decisions need to be reached?  Who takes responsibility for pushing things
forward?  Are Chris and James in charge of organizing the group or just the
GenCon events?  And so forth.

One subject I wouldn't mind seeing some discussion on is a website for GLUG.
At minimum, by the time GenCon rolls around you want to have a site up that
you can refer interested players back to, besides lugnet.org.glug.  But
there are so many other cool functions a GLUG website could provide, just
off the top of my head:

- some way for members to locate other Lego gamers in their area, making
organizing games a lot easier

- game-specific news and discussion boards

- some kind of file area where people could share their game systems

- links to gaming resources on the web

It looks like www.glug.com and all its variants have already been claimed,
how about gamelug.com?