 Organizations / GLUG / 18
Re: The future of GLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.glug, Mike Rayhawk writes:
The newsgroup's been quiet lately, so I got to thinking.  Beyond the GenCon
lineup, what are the plans for GLUG?  Looks like there's a lot of interest,
but everything's still pretty nebulous -  how is the group organized?  What
decisions need to be reached?  Who takes responsibility for pushing things
forward?  Are Chris and James in charge of organizing the group or just the
GenCon events?  And so forth.

At the moment, I think we're focusing on GenCon (and even that's gone a bit
quiet until we get event confirmation from them).  Certainly these kinds of
questions will be a good deal of the discussion at the first GLUG
face-to-face at GenCon.  Right now, yup, things are still pretty nebulous. :)

One subject I wouldn't mind seeing some discussion on is a website for GLUG.
At minimum, by the time GenCon rolls around you want to have a site up that
you can refer interested players back to, besides lugnet.org.glug.  But
there are so many other cool functions a GLUG website could provide, just
off the top of my head:

Chris has a Q&D one at http://www.bricktopia.com/GLUG , but we should
definately grab something soon.  The "big three" glug sites are all used
(.net .com & .org), but gamelug.org is available. (which, reading down, I
realized you also said... doh!)

James