 Organizations / GLUG / 37
Re: GLUG Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.glug, Mike Rayhawk writes:

On the other hand it has also been my impression that they've gotten a lot
more tolerant over the last couple of years about personal-use applications,
so I suspect we could get away with putting a minifig on a t-shirt that was
for in-club use only.  Using a minifig in the group logo will probably be
frowned on though, and of course using the LEGO logo is off-limits in just
about any application.

What about the style of the logo?  If we used the same color scheme and a
similar lettering to spell out GLUG, would that be something that they wanted
to hassle?  I actually don't like the idea of doing this, but I'm curious of
which parts of their logo they can protect.

My original idea for a shirt (which might logoize) was to have minifigs from
various theme's interacting with various polyhedral dice: firing a d6 out of • a
cannon, running atop a rolling d20, drilling rock with a d10-tipped device,
etc.

How about dice interacting with bricks?  Something like those cannonball d6s
blasting through a wall of bricks or something.

Yeah, that's an idea.  I was trying to represent multiple genres and games, so
is there some scheme that would get several polyhedra in multiple settings?

- Cannon blasting d6 through wall of 2x4s
- 2x2 missile tipped with a d10 or d4
- D12s tumbling down a cliff of BURPs
- D20s blowing like tumbleweeds through a WW town

Man, this is hard without minifigs...

Chris