 Fun / *1383 (-20)
  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

I'm too newb to know what FUT is so if someone wants to enlighten me I'll make any adjustments that I can. We already briefly had the discussion about the locations of these discussions and it was generally sugested that lugnet.people and (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) After (...) It is unfortunate. Though I dont feel it is desperate I do have a built in need to talk about God that God has placed within me and as such getting to know me inherrently involves putting up with some level of it. If you really (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Thank You Tim (was Re: For some Lego is a religous experience.)

(...) in, (...) Well I dont preach dogma. I speak about a personal saving faith that is individual to each person. But thank you for removing general. I wasnt sure on it. In general (pun intended :) I leave the group decisions up to other people. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDs1JE.zuF@lugnet.com... (...) would (...) its (...) Tim has got it right- fun.community and .people sound fine to me but no doubt about it- please don't post on .general* My own advise, if (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

I decided no to read further than the first 2 lines. Respect is mutual. I offered a real friendly hand-shake, you answered back with god-talk, exactly what you know offends me. That's real nice of you. It just shows your level of respect for others' (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Hi David - It's definitely not appropriate for lugnet.general, and might not be appropriate for fun.community, but .people should be OK. Hope this helps! -Tim (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) me (...) I think I'll just pray that you dont flame me for praying for you. :) Or maybe I should pray for the flame war? I have seen people come to Christ because of them. :) After that 8month several thousand post discusion/flamewar I was (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) <and a bunch more witnessing> Please consider setting FUT somewhere else, it's starting to veer away from general interest, IMHO. I set FUT to ot.d but that may not be the right place to be, I dunno. (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) SNIP (I agree here to but have to cut my quotes.... (...) Well said. I agree, God Bless You, Nathan (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Vidsig

(...) :D Nice one. (...) Yah. You're right about that. That nagged me a little bit. It's actually my very first animation but since I (somehow) lost my "(fill in blank here) Presents...." thing for my new movie, I'm going to slap some text in. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Vidsig

heh "HOLY COW!!!IT'S BLUNTMAN! YEEHHAAA!" settle down there Dean, I'm not quite "holy cow" material .... yet..., just wait till hollywood discovers me... then you can holy cow to your hearts content ;) aany way, I'm not so sure if this qualifies as (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  I was bored...

...so I decided to post some old MOCs: First, redoing Bounty Hunter Pursuit. Probably my least favorite set representing my least favorite part in Ep. II, I made these two models when my uber-Star Wars-lovin' friend Eric pointed out the engines on (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Oh, Hi David. After reading the follow-ups on this thread, I realized you were that seller I greeted with a request to keep religion out of BrickLink a few months ago. Matt has used this incident as a way of "prooving" that I don't respect (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Vidsig

(...) Hi all, HOLY COW!!! IT'S BLUNTMAN! YEEHHAAA! Heh. Thanks for the help, Bluntman. And here's the link with the fresh one! (URL) My vidsig does not have any text like yours has. It's just my basic signature. I'll join the brickfilms forums soon. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Legoroscope : Daily Lego Horoscope at www.rotule.qc.ca

(...) Glad you like it JHK! I have spen a few hours working on it with my frinf Vinny, let me tell you that! But the great part about it is that it will be different everyday, so don't forget to bookmark! It will also be a source of inspiration for (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Legoroscope : Daily Lego Horoscope at www.rotule.qc.ca

That's very cool and funny! Now to empty my vacuum cleaners dust bag... :) -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

Hi David - (...) Snipped a good illustration :-) (...) I think it would be appropriate with followups set to lugnet.people (which I've done to this message). It would also be appropriate in lugnet.off-topic.debate, though from experience I seriously (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: online communites

(...) Ive only been here a few weeks but I already see this atleast software wise. I'm a distributed systems solutions junkie of the old kind and to see: pov, mlcad, ldraw, l3p, l3pao, bricktrack, bricklink, brickset, peeron and who knows what else (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: The "LUGNET community" vs. the "LEGO community," and computer literacy

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDJoDL.156p@lugnet.com... (...) documentation (...) joining (...) I wasnt sure where to put this but since it came up here I thought this might work. I am an NNTP posting fan so when I found (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

No he was basically showing dont judge a book by its spiritual cover. Its a sad an unfortunate thing that todays churches are regularly filled with people who look and act and seem like the nicest people around but in fact are anything but saved. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact