 People / 3664
Re: Thank You Tim (was Re: For some Lego is a religous experience.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:46:45 GMT

Tim has got it right- fun.community and .people sound fine to me but no
doubt about it- please don't post on .general*  My own advise, if it's a
LEGO topic we can all relate to, without non-LEGO personal dogmas thrown • in,
then post on .general.

Well I dont preach dogma. I speak about a personal saving faith that is
individual to each person. But thank you for removing general. I wasnt sure
on it. In general (pun intended :) I leave the group decisions up to other
people.  I never have a clue where stuff goes when it comes to 'general'. :)

Dogma as I have come to see it is more about religion then it is about
Christ. (And there is a distinction) Dogma is following some man made rules
in an attempt to reach God through some set of actions or beliefs.  No man
can reach God. If you think about it from the logistics point of view, God
is so far beyond any of us that the concept that we could reach him through
any of our own actions is down right ludicris.  Its the same with trying to
concieve of God on whole and trying to put him inside a box.

Yes there is set doctrine in scripture and yes there are specific
interpretations. But the whole point of having the bible as the
authoritative Word of God is so that it ISNT man who is creating the rules
and regulations. (Its a whole another discussion about the source of the
bible but for the sake of this argument assume it is the Word of God)

The only connotation that I know of dogma is speaking about the Catholic
church.  If that is your intent then you are mistaken in your assumptions
about me.  I am not Catholic and do not abide by Catholic law.  For all that
the Catholic church does do right there is a heck of a lot of 'law' that the
Catholic church does wrong in much the same way that the pharisees did wrong
before the original arival of Jesus to the scene.

I am not here to preach rules and regulations. To convince anyone that they
must live by a certain set of rules or regulations or that anything they are
doing is right or wrong. I am here only to present who I know Christ to be
and invite anyone who is interested in getting to know him to take that
chance and meet him one on one.

As a posit to the conversation, consider the importance of any 'law' set
down in the bible.  Who is the author and essentially the judge and jury of
that law? Jesus Christ.  If you do not view JC as an authority on the matter
then what good is to present whether or not those laws are applicable to
your life?

If I am a diplomat from Germany living in America I am not held under
American laws unless I choose to become an American citizen and subject
myself to those laws.

So there is no point in a policeman from America going off on a diplomat
about speeding or parking in the wrong area because that diplomat does not
view that policemen as having any authority over his actions.

So in the same way there is no point in me or anyone else preaching right or
wrong about the bible in someone elses life until that person percieves
Jesus Christ as a real authority in their life.