 General / 41958
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:27:03 GMT

No he was basically showing dont judge a book by its spiritual cover.

Its a sad an unfortunate thing that todays churches are regularly filled
with people who look and act and seem like the nicest people around but in
fact are anything but saved. (And usually are anything but nice on the
inside.)

Then there is the other hand where there are people who look grungy and
nasty and dirty and go to church and are some of the most beautiful
spiritual people you will ever meet.

Nothing wrong with the second except that many people will judge the book by
the cover and give a 'kudos' to the first person and snub their noses at the
second. Which to Christ is bass ackwards.

Remember with Christ it was the prostitutes and tax collectors that were
considered more 'real and spiritual' and found it easier to hear Christ then
the pharisees with all their rule following and 'fitting in' to 'spiritual
culture'.   (Not to say that a pharisee couldnt be saved, I'm sure some
were. But the majority of them were so caught up in looking the part and
acting the part that they never got around to actually BEING the part. Or
some didnt want to be 'real' in that way.)

Sorry if I am going overboard and you were just making a retorihical comical
comment. :)

On a reality side note, you could have called me part of the second.  I came
from the raver grunge crowd so when I first started going to church I wore
all black with long unkempt hair and a huge unkempt beard. I also rarely
washed my hair so it was pretty thick and matted.  But those first few
months (as is with most people that come through as dramatic a conversion as
I did) I was so on fire for the Lord you could probably have toasted
marshmellows off my soul.

Sorry if the post is now off topic.  Not sure how this would classify in
this setting.

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson writes:
I went the other way once in a Sunday morning service some time ago. I • made
a parable using an ordinary LEGO brick, a LEGO minifig gun, and a 100%
compatible 2x4 clone brick.

I asked some children to point out which one was not a Lego part, and of
course all the children pointed at the gun.

Then I spoke about people that acted and looked like they don't belong in
the Church, but yet they do, and people that seem to fit perfectly well • in
every way but don't have the Name written on them. :o) I think you can
figure the details...

/Tore

Let me understand you teaching...

You mean that you were convincing children that they belonged in church?