 General / 41979
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:19:34 GMT

when we were arguing on BL are behind me.  Just don't say you'll pray for • me
and I won't flame you ! ;-)

I think I'll just pray that you dont flame me for praying for you. :) Or
maybe I should
pray for the flame war? I have seen people come to Christ because of them.
:)  After
that 8month several thousand post discusion/flamewar I was involved in in an
online game
community one of the people from the company that was put in charge of
monitoring the
discussion and making sure it didnt get out of hand told me that it was an
extremely moving
experience for him and much of the reason that he gave himself to the Lord
shortly after.

I'll ask God the next time I pray about the entire lego community. :) See
which way God wants me to encourage. :)

Its always your choice about whether or not you join in the conversation or
join Christ in his Love
but the truth of God is a source of great power regardless of how people
feel about it.

Luke 15

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him.
2But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes
sinners and eats with them."
3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep
and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country
and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he
joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends
and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost
sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in
heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons
who do not need to repent.

God has no problems having a conversation involving a hundred people just to
save one soul. :)  The crucifixion is in an individual relationship.  It
wasnt that Jesus died for every single person together. It was that he died
for each person individually. He laid down his life and choose to experience
the pain of hanging by split open wrists because thats how far he would go
for, as an individual, to have you in his life as a personal friend.

Did you know that the average person that comes to Christ hears about Christ
and rejects him nearly 20 times before they finally say yes?

The conversation could be the first or the last or anywhere in between for
any number of people involved, including spectators.. :) (The guy that gave
his life to Christ and became a close friend of mine only ever posted to
that discusion once and that was to tell everyone that the discussion was
'ok' to have.)

We have a discussion/flamewar? The gospel gets preached. The truth gets out.
Oportunities are created.
We dont have a discussion/flamewar? I get to enjoy peace and quiet in a
friendly community and get some much needed rest.
Either way I win so I'll let you all decide. :)

You have a say in whether or not you enter into a conversation with me or
not but  you really dont have a say in the matter as to whether I pray for
you or not. :)

Its just a question of whether or not I tell you. :)

If you would rather just live in the dark and pretend I'm not doing it,
thats ok with me. :) People tend to prefer the truth, but some refuse to
believe it.

Personally?

I dont want a flame war. I want a discussion. A chance to speak about the
Truth of Christ and a chance to fix some of the all too common
misconceptions about him, the hope and faith that he provides and the people
that he uses to bring him to them..

I hope thats enough genuine smileys to keep the toast factor to a minimum.
:)

Ohh and this converstation is definitely about the lugnet.people and I would
like it to be part of the lugnet.fun.community, youll have to tell me if its
worthy of lugnet.general as I'm new here. :)