 People / 3666
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:05:15 GMT

I'm too newb to know what FUT is so if someone wants to enlighten me I'll
make any adjustments that I can.

We already briefly had the discussion about the locations of these
discussions and it was generally sugested that lugnet.people and
lugnet.fun.community are apropriate whereas lugnet.general is not.

So Ill reserve the conversation to those two.

The main reason why I am not taking this to lugnet debate is because..
A) Its not yet a debate. No one has given any counter arguments save very
nice 'go away's.
B) Ive been told that if I open this topic up there I am liable to never
want to come back to lugnet again.

B) Is enough of a reason for me to keep the conversation away from a debate
for as long as possible.  I have been on the recieveing end of frontal
assult anti-Christian people before and I dont enjoy it and generally find
it mostly unproductive. I will have the conversations if I feel that someone
will benefit from them but then my time in the community changes from rest
and relaxation into a job commitment and thas not what I am looking for
here.

.people is right on topic because the whole point of faith in Christ is the
person and their personal relationship with Christ. Its not about the rules
and regulations its about the relationship. And I know for a fact that Jesus
plays with Lego (ive played with him :) so if nothing else we are discussing
a member of the community. :)

I am hoping that .fun.community will stay applicable and the conversation
will stay as friendly and enjoyable as possible. Like I said elsewhere I
really dont want a flame war or a fight or nasty feelings or anything.  Some
people have shown that they cant handle it when I talk about God and for
them I hope they get their kill file's working. Its unfortunate that not
everyone can be reached but it is their choice to have that response. I am
not here to force myself on anyone and though I do get outspoken but I will
try to do my darndest to stay within reasonable topic limits in the
discussions.

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Nathan Todd writes:
In lugnet.general, David Schwanke writes:

Well, I discuss religion with respect to Legos because my spiritual
relationship to Christ is the focus of my life and EVERYTHING else is
secondary.

<and a bunch more witnessing>

Please consider setting FUT somewhere else, it's starting to veer away • from
general interest, IMHO.

I set FUT to ot.d but that may not be the right place to be, I dunno.