 FAQ / 902 (-20)
  Re: Color chart

(...) sure (...) Well, your sweetie knows more about this than I do, but my understanding is that if you want really really precise matches, only a sample of the actual thing in question will do. Anything that's done with other pigments may not be (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) end (...) I'll be interested to see how the images print out. Printing my screen capture resulted in a very poor picture (though some blame may lie with my printer, I just have an HP 660Cse). The green and blue-green rows printed in the same (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I appreciate the low useage of Javascript on Lugnet. At work, I use Netscape 3.01, and if I don't disable Javascript, it crashes on a regular basis. Also, many people disable Javascript for security reasons. Fortunately for a site like Lugnet, (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

In lugnet.faq, Cary Clark writes: [...]Suzanne, have you considered (...) On the contrary, this is a very good idea! I'll have to try it. (...) [...] (...) Oh darn. I didn't even think of that. Other folks may not understand why it doesn't print (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) No, I just don't trust it completely, and I hate to rely on it. I do like it, and I use it frequently, and there are even places[1] on LUGNET which make use of it. I think JavaScript is a great way to enhance a page after the base- (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

So Todd hates Javascript. I wrote a Javascript compiler for a dedicated web browser, and it was/is used by many hackers to break in the system, so I understand why. But here's another fly for the soup. Suzanne, have you considered replacing the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) like (...) specs (...) Hmm, just found one disadvantage of this... IE 4.0 doesn't print the backgrounds.... Guess I'll have to do a screen capture to print the chart. Frank (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm not sure they're all missing--obviously, the chromeized elements fall outside the usual pale, but the yellow-green was pretty much on the mark for the transparent elements as far as I'm concerned. Transparent elements might require a (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) cool! (...) Actually, I have a dual monitor setup here. Running OS 9.0.4, I have two main calibration settings saved. One for a PC view on my iMacSE screen (gamma 2.2) and the other is set up for mirroring over to my ViewSonic PT775 (which has (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

I can explain this somewhat. I worked on Apple system software in graphics for many years. The Macintosh, which Suzanne uses, is set up to attempt to show each level of gray equi-distant from each other, as the eye sees it. This is done by applying (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) OK, I see what you mean; but even when I do that, the color is *way* off my brick-pink. As you said, definitely monitor settings- I'm sure it looks better on your computer... itprobably has to do with the fact that I have a flat monitor (just (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm no color expert, but what I have learned over the years has told me that color matching is an incredibly difficult art/science. It's interesting, in print media, color matching is difficult, but at least once you've printed something, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Since some of the Scala colors are very close (just last night I was looking at two of the Scala oranges, and noticed how close they were), it would be best for the pictures to be taken under the same conditions. Of course that could be hard (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) just to keep in mind: lightness will vary depending upon your computer's gamma setting. That is to say, if you're running a Mac with default settings, some colors will look lighter than on my computer or an average PC running Windows. You've (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Aaaaaarrrrgh(Suzanne screams as her head pops!)splat. Indeed it has a long way to go toward completeness. =-) (...) I would love to add this. I found this message thread: (URL) I have a Mac and can't display the .dat file. Is is easy to make (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) How did you determine what colors to use? I'm asking because the light colors don't come up too well on my computer (true color settings). For example, purple (what I'd call dk. pink, but ne'er mind) shows up pretty close to the real thing, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Oh I totally agree. I hoped that other folks could help with this. But I'm not sure if it should be photo'd all under same conditions. I have all but two in that chart.. Let's say: if anyone has those sorts of pictures laying about already, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I hope so! Maybe a bit far-fetched, but they could even have their ordering system online, with part AND color selection. That would be fabulous. I've heard some ideas jumbled around; and TLC probably already has something like LDraw's (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Ew. darn. I dunno. I haven't got any of those elements. Do you? If someone could place it next to, say, the ThrowBots light blue and report back, that'd be great. Unless that's what you're saying you did, Lar? (...) Hey! really? I missed that. (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

In lugnet.faq, Frank Filz writes: [...] (...) Hey! this seems like serioiusly a resonable thing to ask LD for, in connection with ordering elements. I wonder if they've got anything prepared for online color selection. (?) So many companies provide (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact