 FAQ / 900
Re: Color chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 04:10:22 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.faq, Cary Clark writes:
So Todd hates Javascript. [...]

No, I just don't trust it completely, and I hate to rely on it.  I do like
it, and I use it frequently, and there are even places[1] on LUGNET which
make use of it.

I think JavaScript is a great way to enhance a page after the base-
unctionality is covered another way (usually CGI) first.

I appreciate the low useage of Javascript on Lugnet. At work, I use Netscape
3.01, and if I don't disable Javascript, it crashes on a regular basis. Also,
many people disable Javascript for security reasons.

Fortunately for a site like Lugnet, most of the dynamic page content can be
just as easily done with CGI.

Frank