 FAQ / 899
Re: Color chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 03:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Cary Clark writes: [...]Suzanne, have you considered
replacing the solid rectangles with three sided orthogonal view, like a
1x1 brick? (warning, bad ascii art coming)
   /\
  /  \
/ A  \
|\    /|
| \  / |
| B\/  |
\  | C/
  \ | /
   \|/

Sides A, B and C would be 'lit' differently, to represent the range of
brightness that the color has when you're looking at it.[...]
You can see why I never worked in the art department.

On the contrary, this is a very good idea! I'll have to try it.

Frank Filz wrote: • [...]
IE 4.0 doesn't print the
backgrounds....

Guess I'll have to do a screen capture to print the chart.

Frank

Oh darn. I didn't even think of that. Other folks may not understand why it
doesn't print (less experienced uders), so this actually concerns me. I may end
up using images after all. glad you pointed this out.

-Suz