 FAQ / 886
Re: Color chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 19:18:17 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:

I have a finished rough draft of an element color chart:

     http://www.baseplate.com/colors/

Interesting to see how much order there can be to what was (to me)
seeming like a jumble of new colors.

Agreed!  The order of the colours are really impressive.  Good work.

I think the colour chart would be even more useful if you could
provide a small example picture of a part for each colour.  For
"Orange -2", you could have a scanned 1x2 brown plate, for
"Yellow-Green 0" you could have a small scanned technic element from
the Swamp Roboraider, for example, and so on.  With no examples to
look at, it is a bit hard to understand where the different colours
are used.

Oh I totally agree. I hoped that other folks could help with this. But I'm not
sure if it should be photo'd all under same conditions. I have all but two in
that chart..  Let's say: if anyone has those sorts of pictures laying about
already, I'd love to incorporate them.

Todd agreed to hosting this chart under lugnet.faq. Ultimately, I bet it'd be
possible to fill a whole screen with surprising info about some colors alone.
original release dates, example pics, set appearances, etc.

-Suz