 FAQ / 902
Re: Color chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Anyway, it's fun to imagine what a LD color swatch guide could be like. I'm • sure
their color division at LEGO has the absolutely precise matching capability to
do something simple on heavy cardstock. Could even have the metalics and
transparents- kinda like the AVON nail polish catalog. (not that many of you
guys have seen those, but perhaps).

Well, your sweetie knows more about this than I do, but my understanding is
that if you want really really precise matches, only a sample of the actual
thing in question will do. Anything that's done with other pigments may not be
an exact match. It may match under one set of lighting conditions but since
there is a tempurature component to pigment hue, what matches under fluoro may
not match under incandescent.

Or so I think. Like I said, this is your sweetie's area of expertise based on
what I know of his past life.

And yes, I have seen Avon catalogs, they are pretty good at matching, for the
amount of money they spend per catalog. :-)

++Lar