 Events / BricksWest / 744
  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) What can be said with 100% certainty is that there will NOT be any fan-run Lego event at Legoland in 2004 at all. (...) Plain and simple, don't be so freaking provincial. Having an event in SoCal makes it just as hard for the NW folks to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

My 2 cents here... I thought one of the big reasons for having Brickswest in So Cal was because of Legoland? I mean, I guess as long as you're hanging out with your buddies and sharing your MOC's, it really doesn't matter too much where you decide (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Paul Sinasohn wrote: -snipped- (...) That's how I'm feeling about this. I'm cool about exchanging locations from Bay area one year and So Cal the next but to include the Pac NW when they already have the NW BrickCon, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, FTX)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

Hi all, I was going to stay away from this, but.. (...) That's what I thought too. I didn't get to go to BW03 this year, and I'm really bummed because BW04 sounds like either not going to happen or it's going to be moved. All becaues of pettiness. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Ok, with you having said that., can you please let us in the big secret as to WHY? Sorry, I am tired of all the secrets, all the whispers, all the "I heard from this person who heard from this person.." If people KNOW whats going on then those (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

There has been so much said I don't know where to start. First LLCA is not the best place to have the show. If you could hold the show totaly in the park it may work but you can't...NOT ENOUGH ROOM. The hotel rates for rooms as well as display (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Really? Where are you getting this information from? Many of us who want to set up a Mid-February South Western Brick Event would like to know. I, for one, haven't heard a thing about it. (...) That's not the point and you know it. Want to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) It's partly that, Dan. Do you remember how great it was to have the public viewing at 2003 where all the younger builders and their parents flocked around you to ask 'How do you do that?' That's what this is about. Legoland is just a means to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Yeah, Adrian, this is the part I've got a problem with. I've heard NOTHING from Steve about this and yesterday was the first word I'd gotten that there was no Southwestern Brick Event being planned for 2004. I've got a BIG problem whenever (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, FTX)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

I'd really like to hear more from folks that aren't in Southern Cal, Northern Cal or the NW as to what they are looking for in attending a brick con. So far, it's mainly us westcoasters that have been commenting about why it should or shouldn't be (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Whenever it is held, the weekend of Valentine's Day is pretty bad. I didn't even bother to mention Brickswest to my non-LEGO SO as I knew how thrilled she'd be with the suggestion. Bruce (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Hey, there's raisins! Don't be dissin' the raisins! More seriously Fresno is kind of the gateway to Yosemite, though I don't know if I'd want to take a trunk full of MOCs camping with me. Bruce (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) There are folks who feel a LEGO attraction is a detriment to a brick con. I strongly feel that LEGO attractions (LEGOland for BricksWest and the outlet for BrickFest) actually splinter the community. Instead of all spending a weekend doing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Let me assure you NWBC03 is on. We want all comers. We've all been a bit busy up here and I apologise for any lateness in the announcements. It's been a hectic summer, what can I say? Mark Neumann (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) Ok, but I'll warn you, I'm biased. (...) I did it because we have a wealth of Lego builders in our region, (Seattle~ish) spread over three clubs with lots of cross polination. I do it for community, both Lego fan and non fan. I do it to get (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)

(...) We've been discussing incorporating NWBC into this new idea. At this point it is extremely unlikely. We've gotten a little additcted to the whole con thing. I do feel however it would be innappropriate to have two cons in Seattle. Too much fo (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, FTX)