 Events / BricksWest / 490
  Ideas for Brickswest sessions

First let me say that I had a great time at last year's Brickswest, and I'm greatly looking forward to this year's event. Looking over the schedule of sessions for Brickswest 2003 I see a lot of empty slots for sessions. I'm not sure if most of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

We are about 24 hours from making a major schedule annocument for BW03. We are just dotting the last i's and crossing the t's as I type this. Here is a small teaser fo what the new scheudle has. * 33 Sessions in total some INSIDE LEGOLAND's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) It's pretty much looking like there won't be a formal Pirate Game this year, however, I will still be bringing stuff to run a game, and would be happy to do an "introduction to the Pirate Game" as an informal pick-up thing during the late (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) I'm planning on showing up, but I'm not going to be able to do any setup work for a battle like last year's - I just started a new job, and it's eating up all my free time between now and then. I'd be happy to act as assisstant-GM for someone (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) Stephen Fisher is planning a scenario and we are working to get this officially into the schedule so BrickWars looks good to go. It also sounds like there is some interest in the Pirate Game so something will happen there also (but it will be (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) I, too, will bring my Pirate Game stuff, on the off chance that we find some time to play. I'll also have my minifig-scale version of Frag (actually, Frag Deadlands) to play, which is much easier to learn (and which plays faster as well) than (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) You want us to talk about defiling bricks...at LEGOLAND!?! You're even braver than I thought. ;) While I must admit to admiring the occasional custom minifig (for I am human, and therefore subject to human desires), modifying other LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) Why, what better place than the place I saw evidence of TLC employees mutilating brick? On the tour of the model shop, we were shown models under repair that had mutilated bricks (some not even really necessary, like cutting a brick or plate (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) Speaking as a former employee who knows people that work(ed) in the Model Shop in Enfield, the 'mutilations' are probably to repair a damaged model, or to undo some incorrect building. Since the models are glued together, the pieces don't come (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) (color notwithstanding, of course) (...) build.sculpture?? (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

<snippage because my post will be small> Speaking as one of those model builders who trained the fellow who eventually was one of the first builders in CA... I can say that you were *never* allowed to mulitate a brick to make it work. Only on (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) Maybe I got something wrong from the Model Shop tour, but the mutilated brick that was pointed out to us didn't look like a repair. The Model Shop builders told us that it came that way from the UK. Now I guess it's possible it was a (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) I agree. After visiting LEGOland at Brickswest last year, I was, of course, extremely impressed with the modelling skills of the professional builders, but I was very put off by the claim, implicit or explicit, that any amateur LEGO builder (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) Cool. My desires for gaming at BW are for stuff that takes at most an hour or two rather than long drawn out stuff.... since I have looked at the schedule and want to do a LOT of other stuff! But I am not flying out till Tuesday AM... If I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

I completely agree with your statement that the builders at Legoland are cheating. I feel the same way about creations that use mostly special pieces instead of basic blocks and the CAD creations. I say this coming from the pre- Lugnet, pre-Lego (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) LOL! Rick, I never thought anyone would use an analogy with Lego and a strip club, but you certainly did it! Now I have to go explain to my wife why I'm laughing at the computer. Jimmy P.S. So you've never been to LLC or a strip club? Curious (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)