 Events / BricksWest / 505
Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:02:53 GMT

Derek Schin wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
3) Modifying LEGO
-making custom minifigs and custom or modified elements

I've certainly seen a lot of very cool custom minifigs on the web, but I
don't know if any of the good customizers are planning on attending
Brickswest.  Is Bram attending?  He could talk about making that aluminum
2x4 brick.  @8^)

You want us to talk about defiling bricks...at LEGOLAND!?!  You're even
braver than I thought. ;)

Why, what better place than the place I saw evidence of TLC employees
mutilating brick? On the tour of the model shop, we were shown models
under repair that had mutilated bricks (some not even really necessary,
like cutting a  brick or plate to a smaller available size). The
Carlsbad model builders indicated though that they were proud that they
built models without the need for mutilation.

7) Moonbase Project display / discussion

I know Jon Palmer isn't attending, and I don't know if anyone is organizing
a Moonbase Project display at the Pavillion, but I think this could make for
a good session if there's an attendee who feels they could represent it
well, organize the display, and lead a discussion.

Hmm, you bring up a good point here.  I guess I just assumed that a bunch of
people would bring their modules, and we'd link them all up at the
Pavillion.  Perhaps a bit of advanced planning is in order...I'll talk to
the BricksWest High Command about this one.  At the very least, I can
organize the display, if need be.

Based on the experience at NWBrickCon, the main coordination that is
necessary is to have someone acquire space for the display. It's also
helpful to have one or two folks sort of take the lead in module
placement.

Frank