 Events / BrickFest / 1842
Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:16:18 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Try inviting yourself to the chat now if you want to ask questions.

BF2003 keynote (WITHOUT the underscore)

?: can I elaborate on the half sections of track that appear on the pics?
A: Jake: I sent a note to the train designer and he said it was a photoshop
error

?: the girl question ... Clickits are in competition with? Mattel Ello  what is
the company doing to

go to girlsside
A: we are doing well against 'ello... play patterns differ  we are abandoning
Scala. but not

Belville.

?: sites... are they important?
A: we have LEGO.com discussion siutes but we have to manage that... the
community sites are very

important and allow a greater focus than what we can do, and let discussion go
outside the

boundaries

?: future of castle?
A: Kevin: you are right it is not going to be answered  but there IS a future to
the castle line

?: figure sets?
A: popular with a limited audience, which is constraining.... we need a
compelling business reason

for it

?: Why can't you get minifigs separately
A: Can't do it for Star Wars...

?: Area that sells most LEGO (in the US) and how do you know who is buying
(adult vs buying for

kids)
A: We can't tell adults from adults buying for kids.  the demographics are as
kids are distributed.