 Events / BrickFest / *2458 (-100)
  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) -Friendship Bracelet Weavers. Iain Hendry had a plan to build a weaving machine, which would make narrow segments of fabric (ie, Friendship bracelets). I don't think he ever finished it though. Finally a use for those clickits... (URL) you (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) I'm not really sure. John Barnes asked about it too, but we were pretty noncommittal. I wasn't really planning to do a new contest, unless people REALLY wanted one. I guess we could try doing rope climbers or something there. This time all (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

Calum and gang: Are you guys going to have something like you had last year at BF? I really enjoy the ingenuity in both the contests you guys come up with AND the entries from the people who compete in these contests! I'm hoping you guys can come up (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Registration Question

Could someone give me an idea when registration for the 2004 show would start? Thanks, Adr. (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Containers!

(...) I personally don't have access to a high quality color printer so... I am at the mercy of kind strangers who trade stickers with me. (...) Impressive pileup, I like your ILTCO container! (...) Some of these guys don't yet have (widely (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Web Cam pics from BrickFest 2000

Are the Web Cam pictures from BrickFest 2000 still available somewhere? I just noticed they aren't where I had linked to them anymore. I guess I really need to capture pictures I use in my Pirate Game write-ups... Frank (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Brian, You wouldn't be new to the store, would you? You need to check out past pics of Brickfest--or ask Dan and Rose about past experiences.. P.S. I usually help bag during the Brickfest store invasion... -Scott Lyttle (LEGO Outlet Discover (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Brickfest 2003, I managed to get there on Thursday night...and there were a couple items that were of very short supply...so I picked an item up that was not likely going to make the "friday rush". Holding the sale over 3 days was cool. That (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) How old do you have to be to be considered an adult? I know I've been missing WAMALUG lately because of high school stuff but since I'm considered an adult there is it teh same thing here? Sean (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) That's not really a problem. Last year, the "Brickfest Sale" was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. While most people where there when the store opened on Friday, as could be seen by the VERY small number of people at Brickfest, I went over Friday (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Sign me up!!!!! I can't wait (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Sounds great! Although I'll most likely try to stop by earlier (thursday if possible) so I won't just find empty shelves :D This should be loads of fun, specially since we don't have any serious LEGO discounts here in Europe and now with the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Just make a really big "50" out of Lego Bricks to remember us by at your parent's anniversary... should be a big hit regardless.... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest DC 2004: Looking for LDraw Sessions and Expo Coordinator

This year I cannot spare the time to coordinate LDraw efforts at BrickFest DC 2004. Orion and I will both be in Los Angeles for SIGGRAPH the entire week before the event [1], and arriving Friday morning. That means, both of us will miss Thursday (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) That sounds about right. That has been, after all, the MO for every one of the Lego Outlet trips that I've been a part of at the last 3 Brickfests I've been to :) Adrian (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) visit me (...) and (...) Oh, now you did it. Just picture a MOB of unruly bargain shopping AFOL's tromping all over every nook and cranny and messing up EVERY shelf! It'll take 3 days to straighten out the mess! Count me in on the fun! (the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Cool!!! I'll ask my boss if if can send me down with my 18 wheeler! --- Travel for free --- Hotel for free --- And lots of room to fill up with Lego (the trailer is 53' long! That a lot of boxes) hehehe I look forward to participate again, JM (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Besides all the other stuff, plenty of time should be set aside to come visit me at the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet. We've got it up on the calender here, and we're looking forward to packing the store full of AFOL's. Brian Gefrich Supervisor (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

"Adrian Drake" <adrian@brickfrenzy.com> wrote in message news:Hvv3Co.24F3@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) ton of (...) the (...) [ ... snipped ...] The new extenstion to the Air and Space Museum is now open as well. (URL) extenstion is out (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) The Air and Space Museum is a marvelous place to visit too. There are a ton of museums and monuments within walking(1) distance of the Mall, right from the metro. As for hotels, there's really no such thing as a "cheap" hotel in the Arlington (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) The Smithonian Institude ((URL) come an extra day or two early just to see it. I am not kidding about the extra time. If you like science/natural history type museums you'll think you died and when to heaven. Its about 15 mins by subway from (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Great news and perfect dates! I'll try to catch a flight either wednesday night or thursday and back exactly a week later. As I'm not familiair with Washington DC, what touristic attractions are in the area that are worth visiting? And any (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) I can't wait! I'll be taking a red eye from LA Thursday night (after being at SIGGRAPH for a week) and arriving in DC Friday morning. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. -Tim (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) D'oh! I already have plans for that weekend... Oh well, hope to see you all on the West Coast sometime in the Spring! And to those of you who ask "how does one of the most disorganized people in the world have plans that far out?" -- We're (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) ROCK ON!!! I look forward to another great summer on the east coast. Six Flags America hear I come! OnDrew (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Ai! Mathfest is 12th-14th August, and I'm giving a talk on the 14th. I'm entirely serious: (URL) Is it worth flying down to BrickFest Saturday evening? It's a cheap nonstop from Providence to BWI, and cars are going for even cheaper. My inner (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004

(...) Those dates are perfect for keeping me out of the "dog house" with my family, thanks! (last year it was on my daughter's birthday) jt (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2004

I'm pleased to announce that BrickFest 2004 will beheld on the weekend of August 13-15th, 2004 Please review the website for more information. (URL) Hitchcock BrickFest (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community) !!

  Animation Festival Organizer/s being sought for BrickFest 2004

Animators, I have enjoyed organizing several animation festivals at several BrickFest conventions, but the time has come for me to pass the torch. The organizers of BrickFest 2004 are beginning to assemble and a date for the convention is set for (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  PDX pics & commentary

Better late than never, here are some selected pics from the epic event that was PDX. pics only: NOTE: these pics are not anything too unusual, and many have been posted already. (URL) Pics w/commentary: WARNING: if you are easily offended, or if (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  A Real-life BrickFest PDX Comic Tragedy

This is Xandria using her husband, TFM,'s account to post since Lugnet still won't allow me to post -- long, tired, broken story Losing Xandria: a real-life LEGO® webcomic (URL) When a husband loses his wife's sig fig at a Lego event... And that (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  New Pics of Matt's Roller Coaster

Well, I have finally got updated roller coaster pictures on line. These are pictures of the coaster in its latest rendition, as shown at BrickFest PDX last month. Check www.insidethevault.c...ercoaster. I am still looking for a good video of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction) !!

  Transcript of Tormud's Presentation?

Does anyone have a transcript of Tormud's Presentation? thanks -Lenny (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

Kevin Wilson wrote in message ... (...) this (...) Many thanks to John Gerlach and Pierre Normandin for the big pictures! Now I can see the details much better. Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) background, LOL ROSCO (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) Um, if you're already replying to yourself, surely you can answer your own question ;-) but just in case you can't, I think it's probably worse than talking to yourself, but it's not as bad as disagreeing with yourself. Of course, if it (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) Is replying to yourself similar to talking to yourself? Hmmm... Anyway, here are the deep links to the two images I have: (URL) Cars1 (640x480)> (2 URLs) Cars2 (640x480)> (URL) Cars2 (2048x1536)> Enjoy! JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) all my (...) Thanks Teunis, I'll make sure to take a look when you put them up. Nice meeting you too! Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

John Gerlach wrote in message ... (...) Or, I (...) Large res would be great, thanks John! Then I can print them out and peer at them at the building table :-) Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) I took a couple of close-ups, I'll try to get them posted this weekend. Or, I could email them to you in larger resolution if you'd prefer. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

(...) It was great to meet you at Brickfest PDX. And put a face to your name,Lions gate models. I took a picture of these cars, it's a bit closer than ROSCO picture. But in Low res. Sorry ,I haven't put my pictures on Brickshelf , yet. But I hope to (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dozen LEGO Roses

(...) lol I spent my 18th wedding anniversary at BricksWest 2002! 8^O JOHN (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Dozen LEGO Roses

In lugnet.general, Matthew Hamand wrote: ... (...) ... They were still selling them a week later. I got one as a belated Valentine for my wife. (But it's a really good thing that Valentine's Day 2005 is on a Monday, and therefore a winter BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Anyone have more pics of these cars at BF PDX?

Does anyone have more (better, larger) pics of the cars in the front of this photo of Matt Chiles' area at BF PDX? I thought they were really cool :-) (URL) kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.town)

  Re: AUSTRALIA !! BUILD IT!! AND THEY WILL COME!! LEGO MEETING 2005

(...) Hello All, These were just some possible names for a lego meeting in Australia. It would be good, if the name Brickfest, could be used for Lego meetings all around the world.I would not want to take some other persons or companys names. But I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 MOC Award Pictures

(...) Dang, I always forget something... The "official" is in quotes because there were lots and lots of other pictures taken of the winning MOCs, including Todd Lehman's photos (can't find the URL right now). But the BF PDX 2004 site has the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 MOC Award Pictures

Hi all, The "official" MOC award pictures (courtesy of Todd Thuma, mostly, and Frank Filz) are on the BrickFest PDX 2004 web site: (URL) MOC Awards Page> The thumbnails link to larger versions on BrickShelf. And while you're enjoying those pictures, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Well, you know I'd have to finally respond to this. Sorry it took so long, but my mom kept falling asleep. Sorry Derek, but you need to practice. Personally I thought the mom jokes was one of the highlights of the weekend. It's nice to know (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AUSTRALIA !! BUILD IT!! AND THEY WILL COME!! BrickFest (TM) AU ?? 2005

(...) Hi Teunis! I enjoyed meeting you at BrickFest PDX and hope to see you again sometime. I think it's pretty exciting to hear that Oz fans are trying to organize a fan get together for 2005. Who knows, I might even try to come down for it! One (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Too late. It clearly has something to do with 'Studs Not On Top' ;-) Peace and mom jokes, Professor Whateverly (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Derek, this sure makes me wish that I had been able to make it to PDX. Reminds me of my heady college days... of course, all our jokes were of the "I f***ed your mom" variety, but it's just a small step. I look forward to seeing your mom out (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Why was this cross posted to build.schleim ?? Wait, never mind, forget I asked the question. (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) I'll say she's old fashioned, she kept demanding Confederate scrip rather than all this "new-fangled folding malarkey". At least that's what I think she said... it was hard to understand her without her teeth in. Fortunately her eyesight (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Geez, how much booze did it take for her to go home with you? Anyway, it's funny you mention spotlighting, since your mom was under the spotlight earlier this evening as well. Here's a tip for everyone: Tim's mom is an old-fashioned gal, so (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) snip oh man, I mean mom. (...) I'm sorry, it was my Mom who broke into your truck. (...) ROTFLMAO!!! yo, I'd like to see "The Mom's of the Iron Reich" I'm just say'n. e (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

(...) Your mom was laughing so hard when she read this over my shoulder, that she made me spotlight it. -Tim (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  The story behind the mom jokes (and the story of Keith's mom's behind)

So. I've had a few people email me asking what's up with all of the mom jokes and the references to my sainted mother here on LUGNET. Well, now that I have a camera again--which is itself a story for another time--I thought I'd let the folks that (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !!

  Re: Looking for "I'm a Mummy."

(...) Here's a link I dredged up from Google: (URL) doesn't work though. (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Looking for "I'm a Mummy."

(...) I love that film too. In fact I was humming the song just the other day after reading about the MISSING MUMMY in _Minerva_. The missing mummy of Ramesses I has been found in Atlanta, Georgia and donated to Egypt, closing the largest gap in the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Looking for "I'm a Mummy."

(...) I know that funny movie too!! But it has disappeared from the web. the link on www.brickfilms.com is broken and the site of "Egoless Productions" is dead... I think that I may have a copy on my old laptop, but don't bet your last brick on it. (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

(...) I can't believe you got that huge table set up so quickly! (...) They seemed to be having a good time too: (URL) I do find it interesting how most pics of my stuff is classified as (...) I see it as kind of a blend, even crossing into Town (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

(...) Yikes! (URL) pic of me was taken on Friday night when I was literally beat to hell :) I was 8 hours late arriving to the fest (long drive) and exhausted from packing/driving/unpacking. And that pic of my display when I was about 5% of the way (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Looking for "I'm a Mummy."

I'm looking for the video where the mummy says, "I'm a mummy. Watch what happens when I walk up to somebody." I wanna show it to some friends, but I'm having trouble locating a copy on the net. Any pointers? --Todd (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: minifig population?

(...) Hey Tim, You got me thinking now. Since I am doing another minifig thing at Brickfest this summer, maybe we could work this in somehow. Mr Space Papparazzi (Joe Meno) did a wonderful group photo (URL) of minifigs at PDX. Let's plan on the same (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Finally, I got around to posting pictures from Brickfest PDX 04

(...) Tank cars, actually, I would say. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

Well I finally made it home, and here's my contribution to the pile of photos: (URL) me if there's way too many crane shots, but I think you all know where my priorities lie by now ;) Enjoy! ROSCO (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: SchleimWars!

(...) I like the way you think. This sounds like a Smegging good time. Count me in on this!!!! (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Finally, I got around to posting pictures from Brickfest PDX 04

(...) That's a module someone was showing me for making container cars for trains. He had about 3 different techniques for doing it and I wanted to see the "cross-sections" to learn the building technique. This is one of the finished cars: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Finally, I got around to posting pictures from Brickfest PDX 04

(...) Gee, I had no idea I was so short:)! Anyway, GREAT pix! I really like the mosaic sequence...should make that some kind of video. (...) You did a good job...better than the Paparazzi! And THAT is saying something:) Joe Meno .Space Paparazzi! (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Finally, I got around to posting pictures from Brickfest PDX 04

(...) Great shots, Jeff! Oh! What's this? -- (URL) --Todd (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  minifig population?

Matt's recent post got me thinking ... I wonder what the minifig population at various LEGOfests is? I wonder if there's a good way to estimate it - ie have people who want to participate conduct a census of their MOCs and total them all together? (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  I got lost at BrickFest PDX...

Please help me - I got lost and accidently hitched a ride back from BrickFest on Matt Chiles' roller coaster, but now I want to go home... The trouble is that I am not sure where home is - I have amnesia. Possibly I was hit with debris from a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.people) !

  Re: I scored on the Dirty Brickster...

(...) Hhmmmm, cool... Can we get pictures of the set, and the box perhaps? -Mark (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  I scored on the Dirty Brickster...

I didn't realize it at the time but the 4486 SW Mini Snowspeeder/AT-ST set that I won at the Dirty Brickster at BrickFest PDX was actually a custom set! On the outside was a sticker proclaiming "BONUS! Instructions for 4 alternate models". And (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Professor Whateverley gets in a little research...

(...) Hello Folks. Lest anyone should misinterpret my recent silence, I've been working long hours with barely a few moments to lurk. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do... My research at brickfest went very well. I believe I may have (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BarileCam

(...) ... doesn't look like Steve? Could be Jon from SPACE !!! Anyway, who did build this little man having a hard time? I also updated my (URL) personal website> with some links and Ben's report. Sorry, German only for the moment, but I am sure (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BarileCam

(URL) BarileCam> (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Mom cam

(URL) Mom cam> (ducks) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: 2000-photo BrickFest PDX photo montage and slide show

(...) Thanks, Todd. That *is* a lot easier on the eyes than your last attempt. It's also a great way to flip through your pics using just the arrow keys in Quicktime...much faster than using your website. --Bram (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: 2000-photo BrickFest PDX photo montage and slide show

Todd- (...) Very nice! Thanks for doing this. -Ted (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Schleim Minifig

(...) Holger, What wonderful Schleim, you continue to create. Your schleimy skills just ooze. Its great that you have this schleim skill and your desire to share schleim with all. I look forward to seeing more schleim productions. May Schleimers (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Schleim Minifig

Hi Schleimers, Hi Todd (Mr. Time-lapse-Schleimer :-) You wanna see a Schleim Minifig? No problem: (URL) You see my unique Schleim-Fig and and a "normal" BrickFest PDX attendee. Thanks to Ben for the great minifig-Schleim-shirt. And special thanks to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  2000-photo BrickFest PDX photo montage and slide show

OK, here is a collection of 2,115 photos taken at BrickFest PDX last weekend, presented two different ways: a fast-paced epileptic montage (2 minutes long) and a more traditional slideshow (45 minutes long). (URL) Montage (fast)> (480x480, 101.3 MB, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: ISD in 60 seconds: a time-lapse animation of the Imperial Star Destroyer build at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Too bad there's no sound :) Did anyone capture actual video? I'd love to see that. --Todd p.s. Ted, I have a special surprise for you later today with regard to .mpg files. (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD in 60 seconds: a time-lapse animation of the Imperial Star Destroyer build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Todd- Thanks for posting this (and taking the pictures and processing them and ...) so we can share it with those who could not attend. -Ted (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  ISD in 60 seconds: a time-lapse animation of the Imperial Star Destroyer build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Recap No doubt by now you've already heard about and/or seen photos of the world-record breaking (URL) Imperial Star Destroyer> build at BrickFest PDX last weekend... (9 URLs) ...but there's something that only BrickFest PDX attendees have seen so (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation, FTX) !

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Thanks for giving us the details of the comic. You did a great job of getting across our frustrations across to TLC employees. Based on your comments on FBTB, I was afraid you were going to make a less sympathetic portrayal of AFOLs and their (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: My BrickFest moments

(...) Yay! Awesome list, Ted!!! (...) Train SNOT James? (...) You're not the only one... *grin* (URL) These two photos are from NWBrickCon in October. Needless to say, there were a lot of water bong jokes going around all weekend. (URL) (...) Augh! (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  SchleimWars!

I think it would be fun to see teams of people battling it out at an in-person building event/tournament where the objects is to out-schleim the other teams and come up with really cool SNOT MOCs on the spot. There'd have to be some kind of judging (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Contact info for Gene Small?

Does anyone have contact info for Gene Small, he was the gentleman in the corner of the Bazaar room selling Pitsco/DACTA products. I need to reach him. Thanks! -Tim (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Greg, I'm looking forward to seeing the comic. I'm not into Castle or Space, nor am I bothered by the color change, but I still find your examples funny. I can't wait to see more, Steve (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Uh, I'll field this question! That's exactly what we're planning to do. I'm sure we'll have it ready for BrickFest. The comics were done orignally for a presentation to illustrate a cross-section of what LEGO fans do for the folks at LEGO in (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Hi, Jake, how about making the comic public so we all can see what kind of image of us you are spreading? This would be the easiest way to squelch rumours about "Lego making fun of us". Yours, Christian (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) Funny thing about Coke, Denmark, and LEGO. When they flew us over (business class) on KLM in 1992 from NY to Copenhagen, they served Coke and LEGO on board. But for the short hop from Copenhagen to Billund, the local airline served the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: "My First Fest," or "PDX Freakin' Rocked"

(...) The child in the red shirt points out, much to Jon's dismay and embarrassment, a pair of Fleeb-lice mating on Jon's scalp. --Todd (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

(...) stores. The only place I know that has them in the database is Bricklink: (URL) are just plain 2x4 (that pack) with rather powerful magnets stuck in the tubes on the underside of the brick. There are other sets like that, you can see them (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

(...) the tubes on the bottoms, so they can still connect to regular bricks. Most of the LEGO stores carry them for around $10 jt James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

"Justin Ritter" <justin@lekvar.com> wrote in message news:HtCn0z.1L73@lugnet.com... (...) holding up? (...) (URL) new refrigerator magnets :-) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  What is this woman holding?

Does any one know what the thing is the woman in the black shirt is holding up? It looks like some sort of rainbow pack of bricks. Maybe 2x4s? (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: PDX Pictures

(...) Here's the short story on how things worked out: Bruce and I taped a black plastic bag over the window, since it was raining pretty hard. We went to a hardware store, bought clear plastic, taped it up and got on the road for the 880 mile trip (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact