 Local / Australia / 11805
Re: AUSTRALIA !! BUILD IT!! AND THEY WILL COME!! LEGO MEETING 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:46:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Teunis Davey wrote:

LEGO OZ 2005     or     BRICKFEST(TM)  AU   (MEL,SYD,BNE)

Hi Teunis!

I enjoyed meeting you at BrickFest PDX and hope to see you again sometime.

I think it's pretty exciting to hear that Oz fans are trying to organize a fan
get together for 2005. Who knows, I might even try to come down for it!

One thing that it's probably important to note is that the term BrickFest(tm) is
a trademarked brand name, which belongs to BrickEvents LLC, and which fest
organizers would need to seek permission to use. BrickEvents organizers have put
a great deal of effort into ensuring that any fest that carries that term meets
certain high standards.

In other words it was not a snap decision for BrickFest PDX to get to use the
name, it was one that the BrickEvents principals had to think about quite a bit
and make a decision about, weighing in mind who the organisers were and so
forth. (I'd argue thta the end result was one that was certainly worthy of the
BrickFest name!)

Probably you already knew all that, but since you're suggesting BrickFest(tm) AU
as a name, it bears repeating for the benefit of others who might not...

Hope it helps in any case. Note that I am not a principal of BrickEvents LLC,
just an observer. Note also that I trimmed the groups down a lot.

++Lar

Hello All,
These were just some possible names for a lego meeting in Australia.
It would be good, if the name Brickfest, could be used for Lego meetings all
around the world.I would not want to take some other persons or companys names.
But I was hoping ,for this Meeting in Australia, to be up to the Brickfest
standard. If not HIGHER .Our only downfully, may be our number of AFOL.
But as time goes on our numbers will get BIGGER.

I would love to hear some replys , from some of the BrickFest PDX organizers,
Jake from LEGO And Many international people !

And it would also be Great if some international people could fill out Melody
Brown's Survey . On the same topic, but different posting.

EVEN IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COME !

Can't wait for this meeting !
It will happen !
And it will be Australian !