 Local / Australia / 11778
Re: Leg'Oz 2005 planning (2004?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:33:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
And I don't think it should be called Leg'Oz... sounds like a bunch of
Aussie Legs on display, 2005 of them

[Brickfest Downunder] has a certain catchiness to it... ;-)

What about Aussie Brickfest Convention? ABC ;)

Mmmmm.  Conscious of the enthusiasm for international visitors, is it actually a
South Pacific fest?  Pan Pacific? South East Asian?  Asian?

I didn't mind LegOz myself, but can't resist the urge to chuck in some naming
thoughts...

Following on from the Brickfest PDX model, maybe its
  Brickfest SYD
  Brickfest MEL, or maybe
  Brickfest BNE

Or indeed, in deference to what might be a local nomenclature, is it in fact a
Blockfest (or in Richie's case, a Briquefest).

If it is to appeal to a wider audience than the existing community, does it make
sense to make the meaning ever clearer, as in 'Festival of the building block'

And did I miss a staff meeting and we have decided against a 2004 nat fest?  I'm
relaxed, but it figures in when the Studly dudes plan to get together again for
the helping of bloody mayhem...

Richard
Still baldly going...