 Local / Australia / 11766
11765  |  11767
Subject:
Leg'Oz 2005 planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 06:37:40 GMT

Considering the growing interest, it seem like a good idea to start a thread for
planning this event.

Probably the most important considerations are:

1) Where will it be held, and/or which group will host it?

2) When will it be held.

3) Should we have some group to organise the event?

Having put forward these question, I'll provide my response, and invite any
other interested parties to add their two bob.

My suggestions:

1) Location: Melbourne.
   Reason: The Melbourne group seem to be having the most frequent meetings, and
have access to 2 smaller venues, along with possible access to larger ones
[think back to the NSW/VIC queens birthday meeting]. In addition to this, we
have good weather, reasonable public transport, and some retailers who may be
interested in joining in.
Also, it's less travel for me :)

2) Depends on location...I would suggest during the school holidays for
whichever state selected (hopefully during school holidays for others as well.
Of course, if in Melbourne, during one of our sporting events could help entice
AFOL's from overseas to come along...Aus open tennis, F1 GP, or even the 2006
Commonwealth games...and before anyone says something, I relaise that's not
going to be in 2005 :)

3) I'd suggest one member from each state group, along with a couple of extras
from the host state. These people could be responsible for their own states
advertising/organisation, contacting LA, getting sponsors (if required/wanted),
organising accomodation/transport, planning dispays/competitions, etc.

Of course, this is just my thoughts...So come on and make your own thoughts
known so we can take it from a wish to a reality.

Don't "just imagine"!

Benjamin Whytcross
[Leg'Oz 2005 for Melbourne :) ]