 Duplo / 341
Re: Bought My First Duplo Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 22:50:56 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Greg Perry writes:

I really like the Duplo printed bricks -
especially the ones that picture food and drinks.  While 2697 was the first
set I bought I actually did recently get a box of bricks from my mother who
nabbed them for me at a yard sale.  Along with a bunch of regular duplo
bricks I got most of the Family Home Bucket (2552), circus bricks and some
other odds and ends from the home sets.   I’ve been intending to post about
the great elements I found in that load.  Included were quite a few of the
printed bricks.

As with the animals I see a potential for making use of the Duplo printed
bricks in mini-fig settings – particularly as advertising icons.  So I’m
going to be taking a more active interest in trying to track down some of
these bricks.

Which brings me to the question – are there any Duplo-heads out there who
have documented and cataloged the Duplo printed bricks?  If so I’ve love to
be pointed to that resource.

I do not know whether anyone has catalogued the printed bricks, but Scott
Arthur had a similar question and mentioned he had quite a few of them:

http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/?n=287

It might be worthwhile to ask him which ones he's got.  We've probably got at
least twenty different ones at our house.

I had a quick look through my daughter's Duplo. I came up with 46 different
2*2*1's. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any others… I expect there are
many more out there (and a few more in my daughter's room!).

See them here (IN 2 PICS):
http://www154.pair.com/eh105jb/tmp/duplo1.jpg

http://www154.pair.com/eh105jb/tmp/duplo2.jpg

(the gnaw marks do not belong to me)

Scott A

Maggie C.

I've started a collection of scans of the picture-inventories found on the
outside of Duplo boxes (and Freestyle as well).

There are several 1x2x2's there that aren't in Scott's pics.  Given this
nudge I'll put some more scans up here over the next little while, and dig
out those pieces to scan as well.  Does anyone have any more of these
box-scans?  Would a proper database of these be useful?  If so, I'd be
willing to frame it up.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey