 Duplo / 336
Re: Bought My First Duplo Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 12:43:46 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:GDo0Lu.LAv@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I actually thought about contacting you to see if you could recommend any
good places to hit on a Sunday afternoon north of Raleigh along U.S. 1. • I
figured though "what's the point?" - if there were any good hunting spots
you or other locals would have already hit them.

Actually, I don't get up along US 1 that often, so who knows what you • might
have found. The next time you're passing through, let me know in advance. • I'm
right off of US 1 on the south side of town so dropping in for a few • minutes on
your way by would be pretty easy.

Frank

Like Frank, I just never seem to make it up to that part of Raleigh.  It
isn't reallt very far away (nothing around here is) but just not on my way
to anywhere.  There is a K-Mart on the very north edge of Raleigh on US 1
that might have something but I doubt it.  When I first got back into this
hobby that K-Mart still had a bunch of Western sets when no one else did.  I
haven't been in that store in probably 18 months though so who knows what
they have now.  There is also a Target up there but around here LEGO rarely
gets past the 50% clearance level.

FWIW, I spoke with the local LEGO rep at Zany-Brainy last fall and she told
me that the Triangle area moved the largest volume of LEGO between
Washington DC and Atlanta.  It would explain why we don't find piles of
items on clearance.  In fact, I find most of my clearance LEGO (and all of
my really good deals) when I am out of town for work.  I have found my best
finds in Dallas!

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders